Bledington School is committed to maximising the achievement of all our students. There is a clear link between good attendance and educational achievement.
Our aim is to promote regular attendance and excellent punctuality in order to ensure all our students achieve their potential.
If a school can improve attendance by 1%, they will see a 5-6% improvement in attainment. Please help us and your child by ensuring his/her attendance remains at 100%, allowing him/her to achieve their potential.
4 Year Trend- Bledington Primary School Attendance
Ways for parents to promote regular attendance:
• Talk regularly with your child about school and how they feel about it. They are more likely to attend if they feel supported and their anxieties listened to.
• Phone school as soon as possible as to why your child is absent and when you expect them to return. Putting the school number in your phone can save time.
• Only grant days at home for genuine illness. (you will know)!
• Avoid taking holidays in term time. They will not be authorised.
• Know the routine of the school day to avoid issues e.g. have they for their PE kit If you have concerns ring and we will check attendance and be discreet.
• Praise and reward good attendance: even small success, e.g. going in promptly, even when the first lesson is the worst!
Unfortunately not the ones with chocolate chips.
Our cookies ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please make your choice!
Some cookies are necessary in order to make this website function correctly. These are set by default and whilst you can block or delete them by changing your browser settings, some functionality such as being able to log in to the website will not work if you do this. The necessary cookies set on this website are as follows:
A 'sessionid' token is required for logging in to the website and a 'crfstoken' token is
used to prevent cross site request forgery.
An 'alertDismissed' token is used to prevent certain alerts from re-appearing if they have been dismissed.
An 'awsUploads' object is used to facilitate file uploads.
We use Matomo cookies to improve the website performance by capturing information such as browser and device types. The data from this cookie is anonymised.
Cookies are used to help distinguish between humans and bots on contact forms on this website.
A cookie is used to store your cookie preferences for this website.Cookies that are not necessary to make the website work, but which enable additional functionality, can also be set. By default these cookies are disabled, but you can choose to enable them below: