On this page you will find homework guidelines and expectations for Owl Class. We will adapt these activities and the year progresses. We will send home a note with the changes on. We will add the updates to this page.
Reading should be completed 6 days a week. We have tried to build in flexiblity linked to phonics and maths passport so you can fit it into your home schedules as we are aware that some days are busier than others.
1. Choose a time suitable to your child to complete their home work
2. If you do it at a set time each day - it will be a rountine your child becomes familiar with
3. Keep distractions to a minimum - e.g. don't have the TV or music on.
4. You could set a timer so your child knows it will finish after a set time. Try not to be tempted to extend the time.
5. If anyone is becoming or feeling stressed, stop and return to the task at another time
6. Remember we are here for you all - if you have any questions, problems or just run out of time, please let us know.
Unfortunately not the ones with chocolate chips.
Our cookies ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please make your choice!
Some cookies are necessary in order to make this website function correctly. These are set by default and whilst you can block or delete them by changing your browser settings, some functionality such as being able to log in to the website will not work if you do this. The necessary cookies set on this website are as follows:
A 'sessionid' token is required for logging in to the website and a 'crfstoken' token is
used to prevent cross site request forgery.
An 'alertDismissed' token is used to prevent certain alerts from re-appearing if they have been dismissed.
An 'awsUploads' object is used to facilitate file uploads.
We use Matomo cookies to improve the website performance by capturing information such as browser and device types. The data from this cookie is anonymised.
Cookies are used to help distinguish between humans and bots on contact forms on this website.
A cookie is used to store your cookie preferences for this website.Cookies that are not necessary to make the website work, but which enable additional functionality, can also be set. By default these cookies are disabled, but you can choose to enable them below: