There has been a school in the village since the 1830s but the present building came into existence in 1876 when it began life as a board school.
In January 2004 a large hall was added to the premises to be used as a sports hall, dining room and for assemblies, plays and other functions. It also incorporates a new kitchen while the old kitchen was converted into a staff room.
Many people drive past our school and think it is tiny. This is deceptive as it has grown and been developed away from the road, with the large outdoor play area, field, forest and garden to the rear.
In January 2018 a new eco-friendly infant Pod building was opened. This incorporates two spacious, light and airy classrooms plus an intervention room and infant and disabled toilet facilities. The infant outdoor play area has been extended to allow for enhanced curriculum provision.
In October 2017, a new sensory garden was created along with a well equipped outdoor classroom. All classes use this area regularly and as part of our extended curriculum are encouraged to join or gardening club.
Our large playing field is bordered by a mature forest that is used daily for outdoor play and also for forest play activities every week.
Click here for more information.